Sunday, September 6, 2009

Never Stop Working?

Welcome to mom@work!    I'm surprised I have found the time to set up this blog and even manage to type the first insert on THE SAME DAY...don't hesitate to give me a round of applause.

If your life is anything like mine - and it must be if you're reading this, then you will know that finding time to even sit down infront of the PC is like trying to convince a five year old that it's bed time - damn near impossible!

Yet here I am!  It's a Sunday evening, tomorrow is work *cringe*, and it's bed time for the kids.  If not for my mammoth effort to get everything done early, by getting started at around 08:00 this morning, I'd still be busy.  As it is, most of my motherly duties are just about concluded for the day - except the bottle sometime during the night.   Wifely duties...well, that's another story.

I'm curious...are you, my reader, a working mom?  Of course you are!  I've been a stay-at-home mom to one child and an employed mom with two children - and let me tell you, no matter which one you are, I know we all work hard. 

Never let it be said that the stay-at-home mom has it easy. It's a damn hard and totally unrewarding and mostly thankless job.  You're not allowed to say you're tired, because people want to know why, 'what do you do all day'?   I feel my teeth grinding at the thought of it. 

And then there's the employed mom.   Up at the crack of dawn, or even before it, getting kids ready for creche or school, putting in a full day at the office, and then returning home to face all the must-be-done's before finally falling into bed for a few hours shut eye before doing it all over again.  With no end in sight.

Tell me something, are you as exhausted as I am?

What is the point of this post, this blog, you might wonder?  Gosh, I wonder this myself a bit.  I do know that I want to hear from other mom's out there, I want to know how you cope when there are just not enough hours in the day.  How do you find time to be a good mom, a good wife and still be good to yourself?  

I took some time a few weeks ago to browse some other blogs written by mom's and completetly enjoyed some of the posts.   I want to be a part of that world, but with a blog of my own, as I also have laughs to share.  And writing is my passion.   So here it is, my first post.   My name is Ebony Daye and I am a mom@work.

No comments:

Post a Comment