Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bailamos

Damn, someone pass me a tissue, I just drooled on my keypad.  Yes, it's THAT bad.  Growing up, I was not one for 'idol worship'.  Sure I had some posters on my wall of Kelly Slater.  Indeed I fell inlove with 'Jack' from Titanic, played by Leonardo Dicaprio.   Hmmm, I've always, always liked Tom Cruise - though recently he's gotten too old for me!  And when I was VERY young, I thougth Alec Baldwin was HOT.  

But nothing compares to my adoration of one Enrique Iglesias.   It's probably a good thing that he didn't prefer acting as a career, my DVD player would have burned out by now and I'd be divorced.  As it is, I have almost convinced my husband that he really does in some way resemble something in Enrique.  I changed the subject before I had to be more specific though!



Seriously, what woman can resist those smouldering eyes?  

I'd like to say it's all about the music for me, but seriously, I like Nickleback and Prime Circle too, but I wouldn't be inspired to post them on my blog and Google shirtless pics of the band members.



In October 2007 I attended a concert.  My hubby bought the ticket for me for my birthday and Julie agreed to go with.  Poor girl.  She sat alongside me from 08:00 the morning until 21:00 the evening just to be sure we were RIGHT INFRONT of the Golden Circle.  I wanted an unimpeded view of my favourite 'idol'.  The fact that thousands of screaming, panting, horny bitches jostled, pushed and shoved did not deter us and we clung valiantly to the railing separating us from the stage.   I did not, for one single moment, consider myself on the same level as these poor deprived females.  I was there for the music.   And to see Enrique upclose - purely from an entertainment perspective.   I'd paid for it.  But I did not, I repeat, NOT, behave that way, or fantasize about him in any inappropriate way or in any place or position that included duvets, pillows, silk, etc.   I am after all a married woman.

The fact that he writes most of his own music adds to my admiration of this talented man.  I believe he is deep and soulful and so totally and completely Spanish.  Yum.  I can honestly say that never before have I seen a male artist perform with as much energy and enthusiasm and he does at his concerts.

His music has, for many years, been the alphabet of my life - a song for every ocassion.   When I am happy, sad, thoughtful, energetic, alone...there's a song for it all.   I love listening to the Spanish songs too, because there is nothing to destract me from the pure emotion Enrique puts into his music.  

Despite all this, he is a man, and someone, somewhere is putting up with his shit on a daily basis.   To all accounts and purposes, it's Anna, the beautiful, golden tennis star / model. 


So yes, okay, I'm an 'idol worshipper' even at my age!  But I am not a horny panting bitch and I do not have pictures of him as  my screen saver, desktop or on the back of the toilet door.   I do have his CD in the car, and in the house, and, I believe, the best topless picture of him ever taken, hidden deep within my box of treasures.  I should share it sometime.

In the meantime, make do with what is shared on Google for all those horny bitches out there to pant upon - me excluded, as I am merely admiring a work of art and a talented artist - purely from an entertainment point of view.  Seriously.

Now, where's that DAMN tissue????!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment