Monday, October 19, 2009

Meet The Princess

And now it's time to introduce my daughter, Her Royal Highness, Cillisa.  Isn't she beautiful?  Age:  14 months today.  Born 19 August 2008.  Favourite Hobby:  Being cute.  Favourite Food:  Anything.     


As much as I love my son, and as wonderful as it was to have a boy as a first born, don't let anyone ever convince you that a daughter isn't every bit as much of a gift.  We've had such fun with her.  Girls are just special.  So different to boys and so...girlish! 


I think we women are born with the inbuilt ability to wrap men around our fingers with a flutter of an eyelash or a sweet smile. 


I think I've forgotten those tricks though, but watching her, I'm slowly remembering, and then jealously realising that I will never be as good as she is.  She's a natural.  The wide innocent smile, the upturned adoring look when she sees her father, the little outstretched hands - the cute faces she pulls when she's in trouble with Daddy, which is aimed at melting his heart, and works every time!


More than this, I believe Cillisa is touched by Angels.  She was conceived within a month of loosing one of my closest friends in the world.  In the month following this, carrying her was a comfort to me.  During my last month of pregnancy I lost my Mother and Cillisa arrived a few weeks later on my Mother's birthday.  Something they will forever share.   Amazingly, Cillisa broke free of the dominant colouring of my husband's family as well has my own, with the dark hair and dark eyes, and inherited my mother's blonde hair and vivacious personality.  She truly is a gift from Heaven, and her smile lights the path of life for me.




















No comments:

Post a Comment